QP3 parcel shelf?

Quattroporte3

QP3 parcel shelf?

Message par Quattroporte3 »

I just had my front seats re-sewn and now I'd really like to get the rear parcel shelf redone as well, as the leather has stretched away from the edges where it was originally glued in place.

While I've heard from other's that their parcel shelf is steel and welded in place, the one in my car is definitely fiberglass, and since the leather is stretched around the edges it cannot possibly be welded in place. I removed the back seat earlier this year while I was treating the leather, and found that the leather covering the parcel shelf is stretched down over the top edge of the rear seat tub and glued in place. So when the rear seat back is mounted it covers the glued leather edge from the parcel shelf.

Looking from inside the trunk, I wasn't able to see any obvious fasteners or anything up above the gas tank where the parcel shelf is mounted. There's nothing in the user or service manual either about getting to it.

Has anyone actually managed to remove this part who can give me a few pointers as to how to do it? I'd really like to have it re-finished.

Thanks!
Pièces jointes
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg (243.64 Kio) Consulté 1026 fois
gemini
U16

Re: QP3 parcel shelf?

Message par gemini »

Hi quattroporte3

I'm afraid this part is glued (if not welded). :|
If I take a look to the diagram (from eurospares.co.uk), I can't see any fastener, screw or anything else to maintain the shelf in place.

Maybe you should remove the leather (is it leather?) to have a better view from the top.
If glued, it should be possible to remove it, by acting precautiously with a lever and some heat. :?

I'm sorry to be unable to help you more.
“What this button does is it turns carbon dioxide into noise.” J Clarkson
Biturbo SI - Shamal - Ghibli Cup 2800 - 3200GT AC - MC Victory
Répondre