Nous sommes le Lun 21 Mai 2018 06:17

Ghibli de Hongrie [ENG]

C'est ici qu'on présente nos voitures

Re: Ghibli de Hongrie [ENG]

Messagede spacecadet » Mar 10 Avr 2018 14:21

No check engine, no smell. I guess because it's just a small crack there was no visible leak. The visible leak was at the exhaust port of the head.

I thought about welding, but the places I've contacted with couldn't guarantee the outcome, I've just found a place who claims 100% success with thermal sparying of metal.
spacecadet
Monocylindre

Messagede plm » Mar 10 Avr 2018 15:13

spacecadet a écrit: I've just found a place who claims 100% success, with thermal sparying of metal.

Can you ask them for an example of work? Or a sample?
Dernière édition par plm le Mar 10 Avr 2018 19:23, édité 1 fois.
Biturbo Spyder 2.8
Ghibli II 2.8
plm
V8

Messagede Froggie » Mar 10 Avr 2018 16:08

spacecadet a écrit:No check engine, no smell. I guess because it's just a small crack there was no visible leak. The visible leak was at the exhaust port of the head.

I thought about welding, but the places I've contacted with couldn't guarantee the outcome, I've just found a place who claims 100% success with thermal sparying of metal.

Interesting.
I thought drilling was necessary to block the crack tips, and welding to have a perfect re-bonding of the crack (plasma may only "coat" the substrate with fused powders).
But this video shows that it may work well if properly done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoaPSaNYl34
Look in particular at how they pre-heat the substrate to high temps before starting thermal spraying and thereafter melt in a controlled way both the powders and the substrate to close the gap.
Also noteworthy is the fact that they have apparently drilled the cracked zone before starting the heating/spraying process as it is essential to avoid propagation of the crack at the tips.
Not sure however if stresses (promoting further cracks) may not develop during cooling... Probably needs some annealing afterwards.
Hope your shop does a good job!
Froggie
V6

Messagede spacecadet » Mer 11 Avr 2018 10:23

The process is pretty much as you describe. Preparation is the same as when welding, drilling and grinding. They heat up the whole part so not only the small areas get high heat. Then comes the spraying and melting. Afterwards annealing, cool down time is around 2 days.

I also hope they do a good job :) but they do similar works regularly and I have seen reference work.
spacecadet
Monocylindre

Messagede spacecadet » Mar 24 Avr 2018 22:17

So here is the result after resurfacing. The repair was pretty expensive (because of the powder used in the process), but also included a crack test, which revealed a smaller crack on the other side. All in all 145 EUR + 35 EUR the resurfacing. Still cheaper than a used part. And I will probably do some grinding work to remove the protruding parts.

spacecadet
Monocylindre

Messagede Froggie » Mar 24 Avr 2018 22:49

Thx for the feedback and well done.
Btw, if you have some spare time, you should reload your previous pics in the thread (not visible anymore).
Just click on the image, then change the extension from postimage.org to postimage.cc in the web address
Froggie
V6

Messagede bay » Dim 29 Avr 2018 10:39

Froggie a écrit:Thx for the feedback and well done.
Btw, if you have some spare time, you should reload your previous pics in the thread (not visible anymore).
Just click on the image, then change the extension from postimage.org to postimage.cc in the web address

C'est corrigé ;)

Recherche toutes informations au sujet des Maserati Gransport MC Victory , le registre Gransport MC Victory

Ghibli III V6 3.0 330 cv Grigio Maratea 571 Image

"Playboys are driving Ferrari and Gentlemens are driving Maserati"
bay
V12

Précédente

Retourner vers Nos Maserati